These quartal voicings sound amazing and are an easy way to incorporate more color into your playing.
They can be analyzed in a variety of ways (from various roots), making them particularly useful for chord embellishment and substitution.
The Quartal Chord Voicing Book for Guitar: A Complete Guide to Harmony in Fourths
The Quartal Chord Voicing Book for Guitar is a comprehensive text covering the logic behind “quartal” or “fourths” voicings and their application to harmonic progressions, voice-leading, chord-melody, and comping.
This ground-breaking resource investigates/includes:
- How “quartal” voicings are formed, and their application to the guitar
- Complete overview of four-part and three-part quartal voicings on seven string sets
- Similarities and differences between tonal/modal harmony, and tertian(3rds)/quartal(4ths) voicings
- Deep exploration of four-part quartal chord forms in all Major, Melodic Minor, Harmonic Minor, and Harmonic Major keys
- Memorization exercises to efficiently assimilate the forms
- Special topics include: five and six-part voicings, quartal chord-based linear improvisation, neighbor tone voicings, harmonizing modal melodies
- TAB, standard notation, diagrams, and comprehensive charts for practice and reference
Available exclusively from Amazon.com. Please click here to view samples and purchase on Amazon.com